You can’t get a much more Belgian treat than this. Belgium is well known for its chocolate and its yummy waffles. Combine the 2 and please the crowd.
When I first got the waffle maker for my birthday, I got so excited. I went to school and told all my friends. They all wanted to try them so my dad showed me this recipe amd I found it so easy to make and my friends found them delicious. I think the first time I had waffles was at a friends house, we had them for desert with ice-cream and syrup.
Makes: 8 waffles | Prep: 5 min | Rest: 10 min | Cooking: 5 minutes per batch of 2
Who connected us?! Our youngest son regulary has some friends over to stay the night and he wants to serve them a special brekky. So for his birthday he asked for a waffle maker, and he has been practising his waffle making skills ever since.
Belgian Chocolate Waffle Ingredients
- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 170g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- icing sugar to serve
Preparing the chocolate waffle mixture:
- In a mixing bowl, mix the softened butter, caster sugar and eggs.
- In another bowl, sieve together the flour and cocoa powder.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients while whisking vigoriously until a smooth batter. Don’t add all the wet ingredients at once, to prevent getting a lumpy batter.
- Cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the waffle maker
- Add a large spoon full of batter to the waffle maker and bake in about 5 minutes according the the instructions of your waffle maker.
These waffles are a good base for Ren’s Favourite Raspberry & White Chocolate Waffle Pudding