Speculaaskruiden also called koekkruiden is a typical Dutch spice mix used in Dutch baking like speculaas biscuits, ontbijtkoek, pepernoten or kruidnoten.
It’s a combination of rich, warm flavors that are perfect for fall and winter. With cinnamon being the dominant flavor it’s very understandable that this mixture is so appealing during the colder months.
Makes: 4 tablespoons | Time: 5-10 minutes
- 6 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- 2 teaspoons ground mace or 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground aniseed
Combine the spices thoroughly and put in an air-tide container to safe.